sexta-feira, 16 de abril de 2010

The Curious Case of Lady Gaga’s White Hermès Birkin


There are very few things more sacred in fashion than the Hermès Birkin. Victoria Beckham owns over 100 and I dream of the day when a black Birkin with gold hardware will be dangling from my arm.

So it may have come as a surprise to many that Lady Gaga wrote on her white Birkin. Well that little Birkin has gone from this…

to this and has gone from a fashion icon to, as one commentor said, “bathroom stall-esque shrine of GaGa love.”

While I like the idea behind the graffitied Birkin and I get that she is thumbing her nose at the value and importance that we place on the iconic Birkin I’m not sure about this particular execution.

What do you think of the Birkin graffiti? Sacrilege or very creative?

Sem comentários: