sábado, 22 de janeiro de 2011

Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 XXL Watch

Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 XXL Watch
While I really like what comes out of house Girard-Perregaux, I am getting a bit tired of seeing the same old thing. This year the vintage 1945 XXL Square watch gets a new dial. Yes, it looks lovely, and yes, they did a good job. Though if you didn't tell me that it was new for 2011, I wouldn't have asked. Always strong in the movement making department, Girard-Perregaux has yet to find its modern legs. It can't seem to decide whether it is competing with Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, or someone else. Maybe all high-end Swiss brands are on its radar. For this reason, the brand has turtled itself in a place of "adherence to tradition." This means their pieces are nice looking and classic in appearance, but don't even attempt to rock the boat design-wise with novel concept.

Thus, I bow my hat to the brand and afford it all my respect and praise. And humbly ask "do you have anything more modern looking?" Hey, maybe I am in for a surprise this year. This watch features a new dial for the Vintage XXL . Very straight forward art-deco style case and dial with Arabic numerals, dauphine hands, and a subsidiary seconds dial. The case is almost a perfect square being about 35 by 36mm in size, and in 18k pink gold. Inside the watch is a in-house GP3300 automatic movement. There will also be a less expensive model with a steel case. Seems like you've seen it before, but trust me it is new.

Ariel Adams publishes the luxury watch reviews site aBlogtoRead.com.

Sem comentários: