sábado, 12 de fevereiro de 2011

Luca Luca Fall Winter 2011 at Fashion Week (with Video)

Raul Melgoza, the Creative Director at Luca Luca whose Fall/Winter 2011 Collection debuted at New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center featured designs that were inspired by the adventures to be discovered in the deep woods-the beauty, the color, the fantasy. A bevy of supermodels sat in the front row of the show, from Carol Alt and Petra Nemcova to Irina Pantaeva (see photo gallery below). New York socialites were also in attendance including Tinsley Mortimer and Valesca Guerrand-Hermes.

Carol Alt talked to Luxist about her devotion to the fashion house. "When I was out of the fashion industry because I was doing movies for 10 years and I really wasn't around they immediately invited me back to the front row, "says Carol Alt. "They were really mensches. When someone is good to me, I am loyal for the rest of my life. You really have to slap me in the face for me not to come back here."

Melgoza's told Luxist his inspiration for the Fall 2011 collection is the story of a woman who is a running through the woods as she discovers the beauty, the color and the sanity that exists in the woods. The collection was presented at Fashion Week on Thursday, February 10 at Lincoln Center in New York. (See video for a backstage interview with Melgoza).

"As she starts her journey, she is in very tailored, equestrian-inspired silhouettes," he told Luxist. "She is wearing a lot of laces and transparent and sheer fabric as if she is shedding her very layered looks as she ends her journey."

Read more →

Sem comentários: